Monday 6 February 2012

Hello!

So, after months of debating whether or not to set up my own blog about nail polish, I've cracked and decided to do it. It might take off, it might not, but it's something that's been on my mind for a while so why not give it a shot?







So I suppose I should introduce myself really.

I'm Claire, I'm 21 and I live in the Midlands in the UK. I am obsessed with nail polish. If I go into town on a weekend, I have to come back with at least one nail polish. I'm also slightly obsessed with makeup. For someone who isn't a professional and not in the industry in any way...I have a crap load of makeup, more than the average girl needs I'll readily admit, but it's a passion and it's something I truly love, just like my polish!


My stash isn't huge, I know of polish bloggers who have in excess of 1500 bottles (that's the dream!) but I'd say I have around 200-250 bottles at this point. I did have them all organised into a spreadsheet but I've collected that many more since then I've totally lost track!

I see my nails as an accessory; well that and they stop me looking like I have proper man-hands! I love when I get complimented on my nails, either because of the colour I'm wearing or because of how long I've managed to grow them. Alot of times I get asked if they're fake, and it's a real proud moment when I can turn around and say "nope, totally real!" Of course I can't say that at the minute, since I have gel nails on which I did myself (and may pop up a post about). My lovely long nails, which I think at the time some nails were touching a good 9-10mm of tip, decided they were going to crack. Not just the tips though...crack along my nail plate. Still recovering from that :(. I, personally, can't stand having short nails (by short I mean completely cut), as it makes my fingers look short and chubby, hence the gels.

I think that's about it for a first post. First time I have ever done anything like this so I'm a bit "what the hell do I do", but I'm sure I'll get there ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment